top of page
  • Where can I find the Terms and Conditions and Policy Documents?
    These can be found in the Policy Documents page click here.
  • Do the windows open?
    Yes, there is a window key, and hirer’s are asked to shut AND lock the windows when exiting.
  • How much does it cost to rent the Hall
    Have.a look at the Hire Rates page
  • Why is a breakage deposit required?
    The Breakage Deposit is to cover Breakage or Damage caused by the hirer. It may also be required to cover any cost of cleaning, not carried out by the hirer.
  • How big is the Car Park?
    The car park can accomodate up to 30 cars with 2 disabled spaces
  • Can I show a film?
    No problem with slides and films personally recorded. Films, as in mainstream DVD’s require a Licence - hirers are asked to check with committee to see if a current licence is in force.
  • How big is the modular stage?
    15 suqare metres (modules of 1 squsre metre) link in any formation, separate step unit attached. Separate cost if erected / dismantled by Hall staff
  • How does the stage lighting work?
    Hirers not familiar with stage lighting controls should be advised by the Hall’s Audio/Visual Manager (see contact list).
  • Is the Hall Accessible?
    The Hall is fully accessible, has a disabled accessible loo and 2 disabled parking spaces
  • What is the maximum number of people that can be accommodated?
    The Licence is for 200 but that would be tight
  • Is there a "finish" time?"
    Midnight plus some quiet time for clearing up
  • What if the alcohol was not "sold" but free?"
    No problem, there would not be any need for any licence.
  • What about the rubbish I may generate (bottles etc)?
    Whilst there is a bin in the kitchen for minor items, hirers are asked to arrange removal of all waste, including empty bottles and dispose accordingly. There is a bottle recycling facility in the car park.
  • How many people can be comfortably seated in the hall (e.g, Meetings)?"
    130 Seated for meetings or a show on stage
  • Can a band be accommodated?
    Yes but we ask for consideration for local residents (more so if windows and doors opened)
  • Who do I contact, in case of an emergency during the booking?"
    A Quotation is sent to the hirer, on the front page, there will be 2 names & telephone numbers. For use in an emergency.
  • What happens about breakages (glass, crockery)?"
    Each hirer is asked to complete a simple `Exit Check-List’, there is a space on that form to report damage. The Hall may make a charge to cover replacement items.
  • Is there a licence for selling alcohol?
    The Hall does not have its own licence. We use the services of a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) , Mr Dick Wright. An alternative is a temporary Even Notice (TENs) from Hart District Council. In any event please discuss this with us when you are thinking of booking the Hall. Nothing should be a problem.
  • How `clean and tidy’ do I leave the hall after use?
    At least as TIDY as found please.
  • Can we have MP3 music?
    Yes, the hall carries a full PRS/PPL Performing Rights Licence for private parties and events. However for public and chargeable events a PRS/PPL licence will need to be applied for. We can help with this if necessary.
  • How Big is the Hall?
    The Main Hall is 17 Metres x 16 Metres The Meeting Room is 7.5 Metres x 4.5 Metres The Stage is 9 Metres x 3.5 Metres excuding stage wings The Kitchen is approximately 50 square metres
  • Do you have a plan of the Hall I can use for planning purposes.
    Yes please download this Hall plan.
bottom of page